Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Start your ambivalence

So, you may have already seen this. You may have already marked it on your mental calendar. I have -- with a big black funereal X. (Okay, maybe it's a little star, but still.)

The new season of Gilmore Girls premieres Tuesday, September 26. Normally, I would add: And there was great rejoicing throughout the land.

This year? Not so much. Because, to sum up, Amy Sherman-Palladino hates us.

Or maybe I should say "hated" because everything surrounding GG is feeling very past tense for me. As in, I adored that show, and I worshipped ASP. But then I endured last season and wept for what was wrought.

And now, I am struggling to come up with a sentence involving a future tense, other than I will watch the opener. Holding my breath -- and a medicinal cocktail in one hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Remember the season that started with Lorelei pregnant with twins and married to Luke? And then it was all a silly dream?

Can we do the dream thing again, do you think? Please??

Wed Jul 26, 12:56:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home