Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Start your ambivalence

So, you may have already seen this. You may have already marked it on your mental calendar. I have -- with a big black funereal X. (Okay, maybe it's a little star, but still.)

The new season of Gilmore Girls premieres Tuesday, September 26. Normally, I would add: And there was great rejoicing throughout the land.

This year? Not so much. Because, to sum up, Amy Sherman-Palladino hates us.

Or maybe I should say "hated" because everything surrounding GG is feeling very past tense for me. As in, I adored that show, and I worshipped ASP. But then I endured last season and wept for what was wrought.

And now, I am struggling to come up with a sentence involving a future tense, other than I will watch the opener. Holding my breath -- and a medicinal cocktail in one hand.

2 Comments:

Blogger TadMack said...

Remember the season that started with Lorelei pregnant with twins and married to Luke? And then it was all a silly dream?

Can we do the dream thing again, do you think? Please??

Wed Jul 26, 12:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Pari said...

I can't help it... I'm still excited.

Call it blind loyalty, but I still want to see what this new writer can do to pull GG out of the pit that ASP left it in.

One of the best episodes of the entire season was written by him, in which Rory actually seemed to show traces of a spine!

All that said, my true love at the moment is any episode of Scubbs I can get my hands on. ;)

Seren, thank you for this post, and for the lovely
visual of the count-down. I think the shiny blue star
symbolizes a shred of hope within your ambivalence.

Wed Jul 26, 01:00:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home