Wednesday, July 26, 2006

All hail the king of the nonsequitur

So, clearly, I've sprained something connected to my snark bone (the doctors tell me it will heal, with time, rest, and exposure to the new fall TV season), because I'm posting to praise someone again.

But, people, my excuse is: Fred Willard.

I dare any among you who have viewed Best in Show or Waiting for Guffman to do less than bow down. In fact, you can't even manage to bow down right now because you're so busy belly-laughing at remembered brilliance that you've fallen right off your chair and are making an utter spectacle of yourself in your cubicle and/or home office, rolling around, making noises like an epileptic dog.

And you haven't even read this awesome interview yet. Imagine how much more impressed your coworkers (and/or young children) will be when the snorting and writhing in glee increases. I recommend it.

For example:

"My mother used to have a saying when she came out to visit us; she'd see someone dressed kind of fancy and she'd say: `Boy the things you don't see when you haven't got a gun.'"

2 Comments:

Blogger LLA said...

OK - this is kind of scary.... I am multitasking this morning, and therefore have two windows open in Safari...

One which I am using to read news, the other to catch up on blogs. As as I am reading M&C - the other window that I had open (my "news" window)???

The Fred Willard interview.

Must be on the same wavelength this morning....

Wed Jul 26, 09:00:00 AM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Best In Show I rented after being really sick... and pretty much had to keep pausing it because I was laughing so hard I was about to pee. Definitely a five epileptic dog film!

Wed Jul 26, 12:51:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home