Friday, July 28, 2006

Intermission

Again, we break into your celebrity snark for a brief interlude of Rocking MeiMei's World.

The scene: Co-cynic MeiMei has made the mistake of having a life again, like, a vacation and a promotion and etc. The bad news? Less of her around here and other Internets. The good news? I get to rock her world with casual tidbits related to our favorite virtual celebrities.

Oh, and there's some dialogue embellishing going on here, but as it turns out, MeiMei is a huge fan of the unfounded elaboration, and it's not like it's not totally the way we would have said if it hadn't been 2:00 am EST.

Seren: And now what are you doing?

MeiMei: Packing for a spa.

Seren: Yeah. Well. I'm going to lock myself in the house and watch all of Firefly this weekend, so ha, I say, ha! Top that.

MeiMei: Um, no. That's so not toppable.

Seren: No, it's so not.

MeiMei: [packing noises]

Seren: So, did you know Dooce has cancer?

MeiMei: [packing noises replaced by sitting down and hyperventilating noises] What?!?

Seren: Skin cancer. Carcinoma, not melanoma. The non-malignant one. Though she does have two more spots she has to get checked out.

MeiMei: [breathing] But -- how -- I -- how is she?

Seren: Well, she's Dooce, isn't she? She f'ing hilarious. She named her tumor Ed.

MeiMei: I was only on vacation a week!

Seren: I know. And this is what happens.

MeiMei: A week!

Seren: Oh, and DJB is one of the striking writers at ANTM.

MeiMei: What?!?

Seren: I know! From recapping the show to writing for the show! I know!

MeiMei: A week! I was gone a week!

Seren: Yeah, maybe you shouldn't go away this weekend. Things happen when you do.

4 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

This is your way of getting me to comment, isn't it? :) Again, you capture our late night conversations perfectly. :)

Tue Aug 01, 12:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Seren said...

I am sooo transparent. :)

Tue Aug 01, 02:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

What is going to happen when I come visit you? Because that means laeving my town to go to yours.

Thu Aug 03, 06:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Seren said...

A perplexing question, though I'm sure it's nothing that a little string theory couldn't solve. Twice as many good things will happen and you will be twice as informed?

Fri Aug 04, 01:17:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home