Saturday, June 24, 2006

Flights of Angels sing you to your rest

Aaron Spelling has passed away at age 83.

Can any of us really say how much Mr. Spelling shaped television as we've known it for the last thirty years? What he didn't directly produce, he deeply influenced. Feelings about quality v. quantity aside, I'd like a moment of silence for the man who gave me Charlie's Angels. It wasn't often playing pretend with my brothers that I got to be the protagonist, that I got to be the one setting the rules of the game and writing the plot of the crime we were about to foil. But when I was Sabrina? Yeah, that rocked.

Thanks, Mr. Spelling. Growing up as a girl in the 70s was that much better because of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

you beat me to it. I had this whole thing to write. :(

Sat Jun 24, 03:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

It's unbelievable how much of childhood was encompassed by Aaron Spelling shows... TJ Hooker!? LoveBoat? The good, the bad, and the truly ugly. Fun memories.

Mon Jun 26, 02:04:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home