Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Thanks for the red haze before my eyes!

Okay, I admit, I am predisposed not to like Brandon Routh, but I'm still going to have to ask him to stop saying things that TICK. ME. OFF.

Among the blander, duller, overly explained things he has to say is this:

"I think I initially dashed my thoughts of being an actor when I realized I lived in Norwalk, Iowa," Routh said. "I didn't think it was realistic. It wasn't until I got older and some doors kind of opened and I explored a couple of paths that I realized maybe this is OK and I can give it a shot. I can always come back to school and go back to being an English major and pursue my writing career if it doesn't work out. "

It's not only that one cannot dash thoughts, sir. It's that some of us do not pursue writing as a backup career, and some of us do not appreciate when dilettantes assume it's something you do only when what you really want to do fails to pan out. The correct formulation, sir, is that when your acting career falls through, you can always work at T.G.I. Friday's. Your fallback position, sir, is "Can I take your order?"

Maybe I'm mistaking youth and naiveté for arrogance here, and if so, my bad, but I'm about thisfar from climbing a water tower.

(P.S. I had no idea I had so much Superman hate in me. I think it's maybe that I never really got over Star Why-Don't-You-Just-Kill-My-Dreams-George Wars. Going to seek therapy right now, I swear.)

2 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

I miss Christopher Reeve. :(

Thu Jun 22, 01:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

He said that on myspace! Wow. Thanks for the tidbit, Rachael!

Fri Jun 23, 10:02:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home