Monday, May 15, 2006

Slow news day in Virginia, folks

Look, I get that we all love Steve Carrell and everything, but do we really need a news bulletin that he sprained his ankle on the set of Evan Almighty?

I'm not sure how to react to this, to be honest. Am I supposed to reflect on what a wasteland my life was before I knew this news or am I to recognize what a wasteland it is now that the comic genius has been (temporarily and not really all that much) felled? Is this injury, inflicted when he stepped out of a Hummer during a scene, supposed to stand as a larger metaphor for U.S. arrogance or Hollywood's?

I'm so confused.

On the other hand, this article gives us the opportunity to cheer: Lauren Graham! In a movie with Steve Carrell! Happy day!

2 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

Seren, where is your compassion? I, for one, am so worried about Steve Carrell's ankle that I can't eat...or sleep...or poop. Well, the last one is the usual, but still. I must begin my save Steve Carrell's ankle and get well cards ASAP. No time to lose!

Mon May 15, 09:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

Of course, I will also be making my I heart Lauren Graham cards as well. Feel free to join.

Mon May 15, 09:30:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home