Thursday, May 04, 2006

A brush with disaster

Tom Cruise was across the street yesterday at Regis and Kelly and I didn't know it.

How could I not know? There I was, working blissfully in my office, without a care beyond script deadlines. I even had the window open. How could I miss the walking freak show carousing outside on the street? Oh sure, I see the Wayans Brothers. I even look up long enough to wave to them. But Tom Cruise I miss. I know you're thinking, "Uh, hel-LO, MeiMei! Didn't you feel the earth shudder in horror? Or see the street buckle in agony? Or watch all the cute little Upper Westside dogs in their Burberry jackets curl into fetal positions as Tom passed by?"

Well, most of NYC didn't miss it, considering Tom closed down the D line as one of his "hop scotch" modes of transportation to all of M:I:3's movie premieres. He probably closed a whole lot of other things, too, seeing as he caught rides on a helicopter, fire truck, etc.

The only explanation I can give for missing Tom Cruise is David Blaine's life as a goldfish I did get out of the office long enough to go with a few co-workers yesterday afternoon to gawk. Did you know he's getting one million dollars to sit in a tank and look like a jack ass? The top of the aquarium is open. I had the incredible urge to go sprinkle fish food.

So, yeah, yesterday was an exciting day on the Upper Westside. And I bet you thought all the freaks were in lower Manhattan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seren said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

David Blaine and Senor Spooky?

Your job needs to bring the hazard pay.

My skin crawls in empathy for your skin.

Fri May 05, 01:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Eew, and the window was open? The same air! The same air!!!!!!!

Fri May 05, 06:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

And I do think it was something notable that he 'appeared' to high school students - too young to know any better - and public servants - people who are paid to help all sorts of people and not drive off and ignore them.

Fri May 05, 06:59:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home