Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cleansing the palate

For those of you who feel the need to take a shower to wash off all the stupid after reading the interview with Brandon Routh, or for those of you who'd just like to hear the English language used accurately, I give you the delightful Anne Hathaway.

Choice moments:

AP: Have you ever had a job as an assistant?

Hathaway: I've honestly been really lucky. My only jobs have been babysitting and acting.

AP: Did you ever dream you'd work with Meryl Streep?

Hathaway: Well, of course I dreamed, but you also dream about being president — the likelihood is slim.

*
Hathaway: I'd like to be a working actor. I know it sounds very simple, but the importance of that cannot be overstated. It sounds really trite, but there really are no small parts, only small actors. And so as long as I'm a working actor, I can improve. I want to work with people that frighten me and excite me, and characters that I don't believe I'm the best person for the part but I'm still gonna try anyway. Those are my favorite roles.

3 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

While I find Anne hathaway refreshing, her bangs make me want to tear the head off of her head. Some people should always have bangs (i.e., me. I look hideous without them) and some people should never, ever have bangs, no matter how trendy they think they are or how nice they feel against your forehead ... no, no, no, Anne! For the love of god, NO BLUNT CUT BANGS for you! You're so lovely without them.

Same goes to you, too, Alexis Bledal.

Fri Jun 23, 10:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tea said...

Bangs aside (and I do hear you, Mml) she is just a breath of fresh air. I hadn't had much of an opinion on her before, but call me a new fan.

Fri Jun 23, 08:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

This Sunday the paper had pics of Hathaway from the Prada movie, and I'm just pleased she's both cute and literate... no opinion yet on the bangs.

Mon Jun 26, 02:01:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home