Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Refreshingly Normal

In the 90's, when Kurt Cobain killed himself, my friend Corinne sketched a picture of him, pinned it on the wall above her bed and rocked herself back and forth, moaning, "If I could ask one question, it would be why. Why, Kurt, why?!" My thoughts went to Courtney Love and Frances Bean, wondering how they would deal with such a loss. Well, Courtney soon lost my sympathy and tried my patience with her oh-so-classy antics, but Frances Bean still had my condolences. After all these years, though, it's good to know she's okay , maybe even well adjusted. Probably a lot better than those Stewart girls. :) If I had to place a wager, my guess is that being raised by her grandparents had a lot to do with Frances' outlook. Thank god for small miracles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seren said...

It's also the name, isn't it? Frances Bean. It's just an awesome name, and I'm so glad the girl it belongs to is turning out ok (so far -- fingers crossed).

Wed Aug 09, 03:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

She's SO cute.
The little fat cheeks, the big Cobain smile.

Hope she keeps it.

Fri Aug 11, 03:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger writegrrrl said...

She is shockingly cute - yay for that...

Thu Aug 31, 08:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home