Monday, April 24, 2006

Mission Impossible: Stop Baffling Us

Tom Cruise says his "mission impossible" is to leave his wife and child right now. Only he flew to a different continent to announce it at a press conference.

And when he says, "I changed her first," it's not because he's competitive with his wife at all ("Get out of the way, Kate! I mean it! You're in my light!) or because he's trying to convince us that this fatherhood thing is real, I tell you, real.

And when he says, "I change diapers all the time. I have to tell you I love it," am I the only one who gets the sense that this avocation pre-dated the child?

And I'm sure that Defamer is already all over this, but I'll just say it anyway: I'm sure he personally changes all those diapers. Personally.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seren said...

Oh, good point, K. I'd forgotten about his other children, too, ha, ha. But they're almost teenagers now, and unless there are, um, other problems, I don't think he's changed diapers in a while. Also, it's not like when they were adopted, he went on and on and on about his fatherliness, either. Though if I were Connor and Isabella, I'd be all, Phew, about that.

Mon Apr 24, 07:33:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home