Friday, April 21, 2006

By popular demand

I'd like to thank our faithful readers for their attentiveness to the significance of the naming of the TomKitten during this dark time. (I'll be neither the first nor the last to whisper the word starting with an "A" and ending with a reign of fire on earth.)

For me personally, the dark time was announced by a head cold so disastrously dire that I lay in my feverish state and thought -- Mumps? Hantavirus? Voodoo magic? Or, shudder, Thetans? When really I should just have seen it as a cunning ruse to distract at a time when M&C commentary was most needed: when the warriors of light and dark were born, on either end of the same floor of the same hospital, and all signs and portents would need to be elucidated to see how the battle between Suri, daughter of Cruise, and Grier, daughter of Shields, would rage.

Oh, and also, MeiMei and I made the mistake of having this conversation off-line, and I recreate it for you (with MeiMei's permission) here:

MeiMei: So. Suri.

Seren: Well, first off, so does not mean princess in Hebrew. An entire nation of Israelis is going, "Huh?" There is something -- stolen about it. Like, you know they're all cooing about how exotic it is. Oh, look, the baby sweats the scent of jasmine. And you know what's worse? I'm going to have to go read all L. Ron Hubbard's fiction now, because you know Suri's got to be some half-dressed herione somewhere in his oevre.

MeiMei: You know what it makes me think of. I can't help it.

Seren: What?

MeiMei: You know that song from Oklahoma?

Seren: Surrey with the Fringe on Top? Oh, that's awesome.

MeiMei: Yeah, they named their daughter after a buggy.

6 Comments:

Blogger LLA said...

That is so funny - simply b/c when my husband and I were talking about this, and I told him the name, he immediately burst into the song. And as I cuffed him about the head and neck mercilessly, I was laughing so hard at him b/c I thought that only he would come up with that.

Great minds think alike, I guess...

Sat Apr 22, 04:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Heee Hee HEEE!
I, too, was afflicted with Oklahoma! And then I said, "Suri? Sari? Sorry!"

And found out it was a llama, which was, somehow quite fitting, since they were trying for exotic and all.

Mon Apr 24, 12:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

And then, the story got even better: It's not sorry anymore, it's SCRAM.

Tue Apr 25, 12:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Seren said...

Should I be scared how on top of this story you are, tadmack? You're one step away from being an M&C Special Correspondent.

Thanks for the awesome updates!

Tue Apr 25, 12:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger LLA said...

Oooh, TedMack - you say it's some kind of llama?

Well, I can totally get behind that, then, can't I?

Brilliant name, TomKitten. Brilliant....

Tue Apr 25, 04:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Actually, I'M scared of how on top of this story I am. Seriously. I have WORK to do, but am I doing it? Not so much...

Wed Apr 26, 12:46:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home