Friday, April 21, 2006

Son of a . . .

Isn't it great how Gilmore Girls has improved in the past few episodes? I mean, it took that dip in quality that I know we all assigned to the Palladinos getting that shot at a sitcom, but now that the CW merger has put an end to those hopes, they've acted like grownups and embraced once more the series that wooed us all, resulting in a revival that will surely carry over into next --

LIES! LIES! ALL DASTARDLY LIES!

Amy Sherman-Palladino and her husband Daniel are taking their toys and going home.

Gilmore Girls to continue under Dave Rosenthal. Which -- who?!?

I should never have tried to forgive how they've turned Luke into the romantic equivalent of coal in your stocking, and Rory into, well, whiny pudding, if that's possible, and forced Lauren Graham to act week after week in her own private vacuum of charm and nuance. I should never have chanted over and over: It's worth it for Kirk. It's worth it for Michel. It's worth it for Mrs. Kim.

They were just taunting me with strangely decent episodes in this last part of the season. All the compromises I made in my heart -- all for nought!

2 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I agree that the last couple of episodes, especially Lane's wedding, have been a welcome return to form .. hope the show can somehow go on for one more year without the Palladinos!

Sat Apr 22, 06:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger LLA said...

Lane's wedding was wonderful, but my favorite parts were all about Michel.

I must have hit the tivo "goback" button two dozen times just to watch him practice his Denny Terrio moves in the reception area at the Dragonfly....

Sat Apr 22, 04:54:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home