Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kevin Arnold enters the Parenting Years

Fred Savage, aka Kevin Arnold, is going to be a dad! Doesn't that make you feel, oh...old?

The Wonder Years was one of my all-time favorite shows. I strongly identified with all three of the young leads: wistful Kevin, lost Winnie and nerdy Paul. One of my college roommates used to baby-sit for the real-life Paul, who lived outside of Philadelphia. I went to his house once and heard voice-overs all night long. It was awesome.

I wish Crumbs was as good as The Wonder Years. It lacks heart despite it's high-profile creator and stellar cast. Nonetheless, I find myself routing for Fred Savage whether he's a gay screenwriter or a leacherous college professor or a rapist jock. But I love him best of all as Kevin Arnold, whom I wished had been my high school boyfriend. We could've have voice-overs all night long. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Awwww.

Okay, I was a sucker for that show, too, despite the fact that I really hated, loathed and despised that Winnie creature. Could she have been any cuter?

Thu Mar 23, 05:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Seren said...

Mole. Moley, moley, moley.

Fri Mar 24, 01:38:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home