Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Chapella

Comedy Central to air the entrails of the now-clearly-over Chapelle Show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10337064/

This year has been a serious bloodbath for the shows I love. Arrested Development. Chappelle Show. Gilmore Girls.

Oh, Gilmore not cancelled, you say? To which I say, If only we were so lucky. We would have been spared RobotRory, spared Paul Anka the dog in every episode, spared the latest, greatest insult to our trust in the Palladinos: Luke's daughter. I think we should all agree to maintain the fiction that the show ended two seasons ago. Just rewrite the ending of that season -- oh, look, Rory went off to Harvard! and everyone's happy, happy! and the show ends. I know that it would seem to mean that we would have to give up our weekly dose of Lauren Graham, but if the show would just end, Lauren could go on to be in the Palladinos next show which, in an ideal world, would not involve adolescents inconveniently outgrowing the show's premise, or stunt dogs, or Logan. Believe me, we'd all like that show much, much better.

3 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

if only in our dream ...*Sigh* I have to remore Gilmore Girls from my favorite TV shows on Friendster now!

Sun Dec 11, 06:13:00 PM EST  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

I have just taken to reading the TWP episode compilations because I can no longer bear to watch the carnage... I keep wondering what happened. Did the writers just get too busy with other things, or what!?

Sun Dec 11, 10:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger Seren said...

I haven't read the recaps lately, but I hear from MeiMei that they are actually happy about the recent developments on the show (i.e., Lorelei misplacing her spine and/or any rational thought in dealing with her daughter). How is this possible? I thought TWOP was infallible!

Tue Dec 13, 05:05:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home