Thursday, September 01, 2005

iPods and Harry Potter

I've just discovered Podcasts. For those of you with long commutes, have iPods and love Harry Potter, you're in for a particularly nerdy treat. Available on iTunes and on Mugglenet.com, these are a series of discussions about all things HP ranging from conspiracy theories to the movies to speculations to what they loved/hated about prior books to fan questions to multiculturalism to prose, etc. You get the gist. I would post particulars, but I don't want accidentally to give away spoilers. Caution: yes, some Podcasts (called episodes) feature spoilers, but they tell you ahead of time so that you can remain spoiler free if you choose.

Being a great lover of nerds (nothing warms the cockles of my heart more than a great guffaw over an academic joke), I found these Podcasts to be endearing. They reminded me of a bunch of friends sitting around talking about something they felt passionately about. Sometimes they even resemble literary discussions found in the classroom.

Check it out! They're free, too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Seren said...

Does this mean I have to go buy an IPod now? I hope Apple's paying you a commission. Dangit.

Thu Sep 01, 02:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

I'll see if I can burn them to CD.

Thu Sep 01, 03:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

You don't have to have an iPod to listen. You can download to your computer and listen. Check out www.mugglenet.com

Thu Sep 01, 10:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Seren said...

Sweeeet.

Sun Sep 04, 01:14:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home