Friday, July 18, 2008

Saying it like it is

My Welsh aunt in her 80s has a neverending infatuation with Mr. "Wet-T-Shirt-Contest" Darcy, and I think we can all see why. It's Colin Firth's brutal honesty:

"I think it's time we all came out," he said. "I think you either like ABBA or you're lying."


He continues:

"There are so many reference points in ABBA's songs . . . . You remember the first time you got beat up in the disco, 'Dancing Queen' was probably playing. You'd get an ABBA song stuck in your head and would hear it over and over while taking exams or when your girlfriend was dumping you."

1 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

You know, it's the weirdest thing, but I completely missed the ABBA thing. I have heard Dancing Queen, but it never stuck -- it's the only ABBA song I can think of, and that's because it gets mentioned.

Quel bizarre.

Sat Jul 19, 05:27:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home