Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Long live the Colbert!

It's just as well that the Democrats voted to keep Stephen Colbert off the primary ballots. (Apparently, he was polling higher than any other candidate. Hee.) But I ask you, would the office of president really be big enough for Stephen Colbert? Nay.

msnbc chats with the legend himself.

My favorite quotes?

“When a fictional person declares something news, is it responsible for you to agree? Isn’t that interesting?” wonders Colbert. “But so many real people declare fictional news and the press agrees. For instance, the surge is a success, don’t you think?”

“Jon Stewart can say he doesn’t influence all he wants, but you know what? I’ll take up that mantle. I’ll pick up that sword,” Colbert says archly. “That’s the big difference between my character and Jon’s persona. Jon would demur that responsibility, but my character gets right at the head of the lynch mob and he goes like, ‘Let’s go get the monster in the tower!”’

1 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

I do laugh -- they couldn't put him on 'cause he would win -- he'd have to share a ticket with Obama... sad, but true.

Fri Jun 13, 02:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home