Thursday, January 04, 2007

Again, providing a public service

Look, I know it's ridiculous after not posting anything substantive or new for-freakin'-ever for me to be looking at our stats to see who all's checking in. But sadly, I do.

May I, first, just say thank you to our dear regular readers, select group that you are? In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you keep stopping by to see if we've bothered to get ticked off or outraged at anything new lately.

Your optimism is enough to bring tears of joy to these jaded eyes of mine -- that is, if I could remember what is this "joy" of which I speak. Is it something like the sensation I feel when I hear that someone has given Donal Logue yet another shot at achieving a popularity akin to his greatness? (Will it ever really happen or must I continue to scour YouTube for old clips of Jimmy the Cabbie for eternity?)

And, that is, if I hadn't already cried the last tear in my ducts over losing Britney to Paris.

But mostly checking the stats reminds me of how random folks sometimes get here, too. And a lot of them get here by searching Google for the phrase "what does catty mean."

If I wasn't previously appalled at the state of education today, I am now.

If people don't know what catty means, they're unlikely to recognize the phenomenon in the wild. And if they can't spot cattiness, how can they learn to be catty themselves? What this means is that there are people out there who, every day, live their lives ... wishing well on their fellow human beings. I know. I can hardly stand it.

So, while I think you might be able to derive a definition by perusing this site (catty has something to do with knowing everything and being right all the time, hello), I'd like to point all you lost little sheep to the following:

What catty means at Dictionary.com.

Learn; grow; reeeeerrrr.

3 Comments:

Blogger LLA said...

how could I not keep checking back in - it's just so darn educational round here... :)

on a related note - do you have a stat tracker that you like? I used Tracksy - which I *loved* - but with the new Blogger upgrade, it no longer works, and I miss it...

HNY!

Thu Jan 04, 07:16:00 AM EST  
Blogger Seren said...

Yes, we are all about the higher learning chez M&C. :)

We use the delightfully free Statcounter. I'm not sure how compatible it is with the new Blogger, as so far we've been just the littlest bit totally chicken about upgrading.

Howdy and HNY, yourself!

Thu Jan 04, 04:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

Donal Logue is cool. I even liked Grounded for Life...a guilty pleasure...

Wed Jan 10, 08:22:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home