Monday, December 11, 2006

Wham-my!

So, I'm listening to the dance music station (yes, I know, credibility shot, blah, blah, blah), when I hear the DJ announce that Wham! are . . . getting back together.

I'll pause here for the screams to subside.

When I heard it, I found myself hollering at the radio: "Andrew! You know better than this!"

The Andrew to whom I referred (and to whom my special magic two-way radio immediately rebroadcast my shouting) was, of course, Andrew Ridgely, the sensible member of the group.

Because it would be no use talking to George Michael about it. This crackpot idea is right up George's current alley, if you don't mind my saying. Wham! getting back together would totally seem like a good idea if you were, say, slumped, stoned, behind the wheel of your luxury automobile in some London backwater.

I have searched the Internets for confirmation of this news. I find rumblings of a reunion concert and George wisting after Andrew (I told you it's so George's idea), but no outright confirmation.

There may still be time. Everyone, pray.

3 Comments:

Blogger David T. Macknet said...

Are we praying for or against? Isn't the very idea of it happening indicative of the nature of the universe, rendering its actual occurrence irrelevant? In the Internet World, a rumour is as good as a fact....

Mon Dec 11, 04:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Seren said...

AGAINST, AGAINST! We are clearly praying against. Sorry if that wasn't clear. By all that is holy, AGAINST! Let them not taint with middle-aged cupidity that which was the pure, innocent, and gay, gay, so very gay and how did we miss it at the time? gay, and isn't it better that we know now and the neon arm bands all make sense? gay bliss that was Wham!. Halt yourself before you taint, taint, is all I'm saying.

Mon Dec 11, 06:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

I agree. There is no way this can be good. It can only result in tainting of happy-go-lucky childhood memories.

Wed Dec 20, 05:37:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home