Saturday, May 21, 2005

She's a ...what?!

The Daytime Emmy Awards was its usual part-elegance, part-folks-try-damn-too-hard, and lots of unrealistic pretty people. Among the highlights: Ellen Degeneres danced on stage when she won for Best Talk Show Host and kissed her girlfriend Portia DeRossi, which was cool. All My Children's Bianca (Eden Riegal) won Best Younger Actress, but forgot to acknowledge fellow contender All My Children's Babe Chandler (Alexa Havins). Lowlight: Sexist, Soprano-wannabe, General Hospital won Best Drama. (All My Children was ROBBED!)

But the part of the night that caused root beer to explode out of my nose:

"...Presenting tonight...Popular star who's about to get her VERY OWN TALK SHOW...Tyra Banks..."

It sounded like the announcer didn't know what or who she was. Maybe it's just me, but I would have said Tyra was a model. Because you know, she is. And it's less cringe-worthy.

Speaking of cringe-worthy, our girl wore the fugliest outfit--tight, black, stretchy, and now with wings! That's great for Maxi-pads, Tyra, but Emmy shows? Uh-uh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seren said...

I want to hear about the part where someone in the audience mouthed the words "Popular star?!?" Tell me that part again. Hee, hee.

Tue May 24, 11:33:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home