Friday, May 20, 2005

Jason Lee-way

The title of this article promises more than it delivers -- or maybe my lit. crit. background had me expecting some kind of meaty, psychoanalytical, deconstructionist analysis of the upfronts. B/c, really, color me surprised that the supernatural -- no way! -- stands in and makes it acceptable for us to talk about real fears. Say. It's. Not. So.

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-notebook20may20,0,4895403.story

More importantly, at the very end of the article, there's a brief description of Jason Lee in a new comedy that supposedly resembles "Raising Arizona" without the Coen brothers (by which, I fear, the journalist really means, "without the funny"). I am both heartened to see him still working and disappointed to see him perpetually underutilized. My favorite skater punk continues to dogpaddle through his career, dangit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home