Thursday, May 19, 2005

Agree to disagree? I don't think so.

I've glanced at the usual sites, so I know that I'm in the minority. It's just like the hung jury I was so recently a part of. But I stuck to my verdict then; I'm sticking to it now.

Kahlen was robbed. There, I said it. I like Naima. I do. I didn't go vote for her as Cover Girl contestant of the week every week unlike the rest of America, but yes, I like her.

But I adore Kahlen. I feel about her the way I haven't felt about a contestant since first-season Elyse. I loved her commentary, minus the strangely bulky red t-shirt (and even that had an entertainment quality of its own). She was funny and honest and self-deprecating. She is probably the only ANTM contestant I'd genuinely want to meet. I like gawking at the others for the spectacles they are -- but her? I like.

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model4/models/bio/kahlen.shtml

I mean -- her favorite movie? "Waiting for Guffman." C'mon.

If you want to get up in my grill about "objective" things, like whose pictures were better or who walked that runway better, go ahead. Kahlen wins there, too. Don't make me quote Janice at you.

And while I'm at it, I wanted Rob and Amber to win. Yes, I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home