Thursday, October 20, 2005

Flashback Blog!: 2003*

How is it that the cast of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy manages to maintain the love, the harmony, the peace amid the hairspray and the plaster dust? No, not the paychecks, silly. They make it work, because they're a family.

Ted is the dad. Don't you want him to give you a hug and the car keys?

Carson's the mom. He's so the mom -- he's the PTA president.

Kyan's the older sister who spends too much time in the bathroom in the mornings.

Tom is the middle child. If I said more about him, he wouldn't have a reason to feel underappreciated.

And, of course, Jai's the baby. He was kind of -- well, we won't say "accidental," we'll just say "unplanned."

Trust me. It explains a lot.

http://www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy/

* Two years ago, when M&C Inc. was still holding our shareholders meetings in the Tea Shop over grilled cheese sandwiches and corn fries (mmmm, corn fries), this "blog" would have taken the form of an aside to my co-founder. We bring it to you in crazy "What If We'd Been Blogging Then?" format, because avant-garde as we are, we've been pretend-blogging in our heads since before there was real blogging. We just waited for the technology to catch up to us.

6 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

Oh, corn fries! And pumpkin squares! They made the lack of blogging technology bearable, but now that we have blogger, where are the corn fries and pumpkin squares? :(

Thu Oct 20, 04:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Seren said...

Oh, Pumpkin Squares, how is it that I had temporarily forgotten your delicious, creamy pumpkinness? Now that I'm reminded, I've half a mind to make Pari pick me up one when she's on campus next.

Thu Oct 20, 05:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

For some reason, I came late to this show (maybe because I refuse to believe that gay men somehow corner the market on knowing how the world should dress?) but, you know what? It's true. They really are a completely believable, marginally functional... family. Long live the girls.

Fri Oct 21, 01:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

HOWEVER, as much as I love them, NO, they cannot start writing children's books.

Just. Say. No.

Fri Oct 21, 01:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

Tadmack, thanks for posting this. All I can say is, "SASSY LITTLE COLT?!" Gee, who was Carson thinking of when he wrote THAT? :) I'll be sure to tell Kyan and Jai (whom I saw last week near work) that Carson should really stick to what he knows best. And I can't forget my direct connection to Thom, who lives down the hall from my friend in a swanky building. Really though, I should try to contact Ted because only the father can talk some sense into that sassy colt they call Mom.

Fri Oct 21, 01:32:00 PM EDT  
Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Mmmmm....yeah. The whinny-wink-nudge horse jokes just abounded for me there. Say neigh.

Sun Oct 23, 04:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home