Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bono-ificent

Okay, so, I haven't read past the first page of this article, but even that page was worth posting. (I'm totally going back to read the rest. Yes, I am. No, I won't just watch TV instead. Oh, hush.)

I know that it's fashionable to be skeptical of the sincerity of celebrity politicking. Mostly, it seems to be the strident conservatives pooh-poohing the efforts of a liberal celebrity, which -- stop it. But also, I think it's true that, in the end, not to interrogate actor activism for self-interest leads us to Ronald Regan and the Governator, respectively.

But Bono! Working his pro-Africa wiles in diplomatic circles! I swoon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/18/magazine/18bono.html?th&emc=th

(Shout-out to Katie, whose fault it is I went to a U2 concert. I'm pretty sure it was U2's fault I freakin' loved the show.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home