Friday, June 17, 2005

I believe I'll take the credit for those ratings, thank you

30 Days rocks the ratings.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C95877%7C1%7C,00.html

I haven't seen Supersize Me. When the word of mouth on a movie is, "It made me nauseous," I have some trouble working up the motivation, even when it's for a good cause. (Selfish. Yes.) So this was my first exposure to Spurlock's documentary techniques -- but, man, that message was simple. Was SM that simple? (I wish changing people's minds was that simple.) Also, I think I have a romantic notion that independent filmmakers, particularly documentary makers, live hard scrabble lives. But -- this was the first time he'd taken a bus to work every day? And realized that . . . other . . . people . . . do it. . . every . . . single . . . day. The humanity! The humanity!

His fiance, though, with the walking all the way to work in the early, dark winter mornings, just to save them $2.50 each day? Rules.

1 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Fortunately Spurlock is only slated to show up periodically in this series, otherwise who knows to what great lengths he'd have to go for his Art? I mean -- riding a bus?! Whew! A hard-knock life fer shure.

Mon Jun 20, 12:00:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home