Monday, June 13, 2005

The larger plan

I see now that the Universe put me on a jury recently for a reason. So that this would make perfect sense to me:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8062350/

Really? I mean, really? Not guilty? Huh.

Interesting how the headline MSNBC went with is "Not Guilty," not "Innocent." Also interesting: the photo up there as I write this is him waving, ostensibly good-bye, and the articles not focusing on the actual trial are essentially obituaries of Jackson's career. One's even titled, "Remembering the star." It's like they had the guilty articles written, paused to do a search and replace, and ran them as-is. Creepy. And also? Wrong. I don't think Michael Jackson's surrendering his place in America's lurid imagination any time soon. Does he even want to, ultimately? Even bad attention is, after all, attention. (See, Mapother, T. C. the Third).

2 Comments:

Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

I got jury too! Alameda County still thinks I live in Oakland! We must be on the same jury schedule.

Mon Jun 13, 11:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

RE: Mike Jackson...so wrong. Your assesment...so dead-on.

Mon Jun 13, 11:33:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home