Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Brangelina brood burgeons

Angelina Jolie is pregnant with Brad Pitt's baby, per People.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10802574/

Also, as we knew earlier, she's petitioned to have her current children's names changed to incorporate Pitt's.

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---27592,00.html

Look, I know that I shouldn't have expected much from the girl who decided to marry and adopt a child with multi-married lunatic, Billy Bob Thornton (I'm pretty sure he married the same stripper twice), a decision that was proved rapidly and decisively wrong, when he left her the second Maddox got on the plane for the U.S.

But I did. I expected better.

Maybe I felt that the marriage to Johnny Lee Miller, which even as it failed still felt sweet and hopeful, balanced out the Thornton madness. Maybe I was swayed by the canny self-marketing she did via the United Nations and that clearly transparent "feed the world" ethic she selfishly champions. I think that maybe all that propaganda had convinced me that she had that extremely rare quality in a Hollywood lifer -- judgement.

Nope.

When Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow broke up, I was sad -- not for them, but for us. If they'd married each other, it would have confined their boring, smug, condescending genes to a single bloodline. They wouldn't have gotten their Pittness or Paltrowness all over the rest of us. But now, it's everywhere. Gwyneth's taken out Coldplay, whose albums I would have had to burn now had I ever purchased them. And, thanks to Brad, I will never, ever again be able to enjoy the simple pleasures of Tomb Raider, because his dullness, his blankness will have leached out Angelina's color.

I hope they're "happy."

(P.S. Still watching Tomb Raider, however, because Noah Taylor, enough said.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home