Monday, May 02, 2005

Jury Duty: Better Than Television

Seriously, people. And you know how much I loves me some TV.

I don't know whether it's b/c I'm a writer or what, but watching the jury selection process, where everyone had to answer all these volatile personal questions, it was like CANDY, I tell you.

Or so I thought until they put me in the jury box. Then I thought, Jury duty: it's all fun and games until someone puts an eye out. Or, in this case, until they swear you in.

I knew there was a reason that I watched "Law & Order: Trial By Jury" a week ago. You know, other than being contractually obligated, as all Americans are, to watch at least 5 hours of "L&O" weekly. Originally, the reason was Scott Cohen, aka Max, who Lorelei left at the altar. (And after all those sunflowers, too. For shame! In my little world, the order goes: Luke, Max, and only then Christopher. Feel free to dispute me. In fact, please do.)

In case you were wondering what Scott's up to, he's playing a detective whose name I find inconsequential. But see pretty pictures here:

http://www.nbc.com/Law_&_Order:_Trial_by_Jury/bios/Scott_Cohen.html

And, for right now, that's really as close to the show as I'd recommend getting. They're not giving Scott nearly enough to do (or enough words to say -- I mean, c'mon, he kept up with Lorelei once), and I do heart Bebe Neuwirth but this particular role requires none of her usual sparkle.

One episode, snap judgment? You bet.

When my trial concludes, I'm sure I'll have bones to pick re: its versimilitude, too. Sweet! More ways to be snarky!

Signing out for now,

Citizen Seren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home