Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's offically two hostages now

The Scientology approach to childbirth sounds like something out of The Handmaid's Tale. (And I'm not even talking about the potential surrogacy issues here.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9620245/

This makes me so deeply angry that I'm almost at a loss for snark. I guess that, with my limited knowledge, I assumed that cult life was equally bad for men as for women. I stand corrected.

How do you end up passing off draconian misogyny as enlightenment?

And I have no words for how wacked-out their behavior toward the infant is. Is there a word for "infant hatred" and can I use "draconian" twice in the same posting? Because where I come from, your parents giving you the silent treatment is the start, not the elimination, of extensive psychotherapy.

2 Comments:

Blogger tanita✿davis said...

Wow. Wow Psychologists in the 50's messed up a lot of babies to prove that if an infant isn't nutured, it'll die... I'm guessing a week won't kill it, but this is horrible. The more we learn, the less we like, here. And this is all in the name of science. Merciful God. Really.

Tue Oct 11, 12:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MeiMeiLn said...

Congrats on using draconian twice in one post. I'll give you a Snickers bar for using it again in another post!

Thu Oct 13, 03:11:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home